Thursday, April 16, 2009

Placebo MTV2: Under The Influence

I'm currently in the process of digitising my VHS collection and I came across this little beauty। It's a show that used to be on MTV2 UK a few years ago called Under The Influence। It was hosted by Zane Lowe (pre-gonzo, xfm, radio1), around the time when he hosted that Brand New thing on MTV UK ,methinks। Anyway it involves bands being interviewed by zane discussing their influences (music,books,films,directors)।
Guests I can remeber appearing were Garbage, The Charlatans, Marilyn Manson and this episode which is of course Placebo.
To my knowledge this is the only online version to date - even searching for info on Under The Influence doesn't yield many results. So check it out it's a really good insight into what inspires Placebo............and they spend nearly the whole interview chain-smoking & drinking!


No comments:

Post a Comment